Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Matter of Faith IV

“Anybody who has been seriously engaged is scientific work of any kind realizes that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: 'Ye must have faith.' It is a quality which the scientist cannot dispense with.” ~ Max Planck

Max Planck is one of the most important physicists in the last 200 years. He is considered to be the father of quantum theory. He has societies, institutes, and schools named after him. With the exception of Einstein, it would be difficult to find a scientist who has had more influence on modern science. I quote him here to reinforce a point I have attempted to make several times in the past. Since I have already talked about this subject quite a few times I am not going to repeat myself but rather direct you to my first, second, and third posts on this matter and hope that Planck's words reinforce what has already been said.

By His Grace,
Taylor

No comments: